Sunday, May 10, 2015

Chef Rico's Simple Steak Salsa

Have you ever thought of steak salsa? That's the only terminology I can think of for this mixture. We were eating at an outdoor barbeque place in Durango,Colorado many years ago and they used this salsa and I just fell in love with it. After the show they put on for the crowd, I went back to the kitchen and inquired about the salsa. The guy I talked to gave me the recipe with no problem and told me I may be shocked at how simple it is to make. I have made this for over 25 years now and still love it; and YES, IT IS SIMPLE TO MAKE!

This recipe serves around 6-8 people

Ingredients


  • 1- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
  • 1 - green bell pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped white onion (medium chopped)
  • Garlic salt to taste
  • Season Salt to taste ( Kountry Boys Ole #1) is my favorite

1. Pour the diced tomatoes in a large bowl and with two knives back and forth, chop the chunks up smaller.
2. Wash and core the green bell pepper then chop medium size and add to the bowl
3. Chop the white onion smaller and add to the bowl and stir mixture
4. Add the garlic salt to taste. I like mine pretty garlicky!
5. Add the seasoned salt but not too much
6. Stir the mixture well and then refrigerated before using

I told you this was simple but very tasty and awesome on steaks

Comments? Have you tried this yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment