Wednesday, November 23, 2022

My Stick Burner Refurbish Project


It has been over 5 years since i sold my stick smoker in a move. I was supposed to purchase a new one after the move and well, here it is 5 years later and I finally make the purchase. I research purchases to death and after tons of reviews I landed on the Oklahoma Joe reverse Flow smoker. However, they are very proud of those and the price reflects it. So, I started looking on-line on FB market for a pre-owned smoker. I hit the jack pot with this one. I make the deal and when I arrived to pick it up BINGO! It was the exact same brand and model of the one I had pre-move that I loved using. 

I picked up this Brinkman stick burner in fair condition meaning it had not been used in awhile but in great shape. I wheeled it home and started the refurbish process. Power wash, two coats high heat primer, two coats high heat semi-gloss black, new gauge plus one added for the firebox end, new spring handles, gasket seals for the body and fire box, and here it is.

My maiden smoke was 4- one inch thick pork chops smoked with hickory / mesquite wood. Very tasty! Now I am set up again withe the stick burner, a Treager pellet for quick smokes, and a Weber 22in charcoal grill for fire roasted grilling. Lets get grilling!

NOTE: notice the incredible wood tray in front? A friend of mine gave me that piece of wood with live edge that is from a 100 year old cypress tree from Louisiana.I sanded and oiled and waxed it like a cutting board. Its the best part of this project!









No comments:

Post a Comment